NTRIP infos validation

Hi,

My local gouvernment / state has a nice CORS network and provides free NTRIP services for users but unfortunately i’m unable to use it in Pix4Dcatch. I normally don’t need to enter any username or password to use it on other devices but on Pix4Dcatch I cannot leave username / password fields empty.

Anyone else having this issue ?

Thanks !

Hi Serveur,
Are you saying that you do not need a username and password to access your NTRIP network?

In order to use the viDoc you will need NTRIP log in credentials in order to use a network.

That’s right I don’t need credentials to use those free NTRIP networks, can I bypass that in Pix4Dcatch ? Because it won’t let me leave the credentials fields blank.

Unfortunately, no. You cannot bypass this. Are you able to reach out to your NTRIP provider to see if they can give you a user name and password?

Hi serveur_calcul,

Welcome to the community.

My local gouvernment / state has a nice CORS network and provides free NTRIP services for users but unfortunately i’m unable to use it in Pix4Dcatch. I normally don’t need to enter any username or password to use it on other devices but on Pix4Dcatch I cannot leave username / password fields empty.

You should be able to put anything for the username and password as well as NTRIP caster. Without any authorization, the app should should just ignore the values.

Please keep me posted incase there is something different going on with your case, but this should sort you out.

Regards,
Jon

Hi Jonathan,

I tried putting “test” as username and password but it doesn’t seem to work out, it has been validating for 15 minutes now. Any other ideas ?

Edit: after further research, I found out that NTRIP protocol is actually not supported with these free GNSS stations. Case closed. Thanks for your help though.

Hello serveur_calcul,

Thanks for the heads up.

The expected behavior would be for the app to ignore the values in cases without authorization. If anyone finds this different please report it as we would want to maintain this behavior.

Regards,
Jon