Not able to logout

I have two pcs, for each one I use a different user and pass, however the last time I entered same user in the second pc, now I want to change the user to the other user and pass, but I am not able to logout, whenever I open the app, it show this message without any button to logout

Would you please let us know which software (PIX4Ddiscovery or PIX4Dmapper) you are trying to log in and out of? I would also like to know if you have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the software by following the steps described at the link below.

Kind regards,

I am using PIX4Ddiscovery, that is why I have two user accounts, one for each pc.
Sure I can uninstall the software completely, reinstall and enter the right login again,

BUT do you want to tell me there is no way to logout, and enter an other user and pass when no license is available for the account???

If that is the case, then a crucial feature is missing for the software need to be added.

Hi,

Welcome to the Pix4D Community.
To log out from your account in PIX4Dmapper, please follow this procedure (you first need to click “OK” in the window shown in your screenshot):

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/208469726-How-to-log-out-of-Pix4Dmapper

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers

Dear @Daniele_Lecci , thanks for posting, that is my problem.
if I was able to get to that screen, I could have logout without any issue, the problem is when I click on the app icon, it right way display the screen I posted at the beginning, then there is no way to logout, I should click on close only.

hi,

Thank you for confirming what is happening.
I have forced the log out of your account. Could you please try again to log in?

If this still does not work, please try the following:
When you click on logout do you see a message appearing? Please click “Ok” on the pop-up appearing after logging out. PIX4Dmapper will then close automatically.
Re-open PIX4Dmapper and log in.

Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks @Daniele_Lecci , now I am able to login.

The main problem is, when a user, with discovery license, logged in an other PC, and tried to enter same user account in an other PC, then the problem is there is no way to logout on the second PC, until the account is logged out in the first PC.
I wish logout is added to that popup screen, then it fixes the issue.

Hi,

thank you for reporting the issue.
Meanwhile, you can always write to Pix4D support and we will log out the other device immediately :slightly_smiling_face:.
Were you able to log in with the second device?

Cheers

Thank you very much, I think only one logout button on the popup window is enough to fix the issue.

Ya, I am able to login to the second machine. :blush:

Yeah, I had the same issue, it is really too stupid bug, it took me half a day try and try to get rid of it, but so far, 2023, the issue is still here :frowning_face:

Hi @pix4d-shared.

Can you please share a screenshot of the problem? If you only see the Discovery license, just click “OK” and then follow the log-out procedure.

Let me know how it goes and if you need me to log you out manually from a specific device.

Hi @Daniele_Lecci , I too can confirm that this is a critical missing feature in the license selection window, I know we can ask you to force logout on specific devices, but this is a waste of resources for you guys and a waste of time for us users, when there is a simple solution, just bring the feature from the main software window to the license selection window as well, uninstalling the software is not a solution to this problem either.

The attached screenshot is from a license I use at work shared with some of my co-workers, and sometimes the license is being used by them and I forgot to ask them first so I can’t log out to use my personal license instead of the other one, so this is a big issue since I started using the software several years ago.

Hi @luis.arreolac,

Welcome to the Pix4D Community and thank you for your feedback :handshake: .

I confirm that uninstalling the software won’t solve the problem.
If you are using many (different) devices, I suggest you activate the " Remote device deactivation". This allows you to deactivate a device from your license by yourself.

You can find the procedure here:

Note: There should be no active device at the moment you enable this feature. If you tell me the license key (you can DM me that), I can remotely deactivate the device for you so you can enable the remote device deactivation.

Hi @Daniele_Lecci , thank you for your kind response but I think I need to clarify a few things about it.

First of all uninstalling and installing the software again actually solves the problem, but for me it’s not a solution, as well as contacting customer support to force logout of a device is not a solution either, I consider both situations totally absurd for such a simple problem when a feature that should be there from the beginning would solve it faster and in a much simpler way, because the feature is already there in the software it just has to be shown in a different window.

I don’t think remote deactivation of devices would solve the problem either because the device I need to log out has not activated the license in the first place, in the example I was referring to the first device that activated the license is using it and the process should not be interrupted, I usually ask first if someone is using the license before logging in on a second device and avoid this situation but sometimes it happens, one device activates the license and a second device logs into the same account and gets stuck in the license selection window until the first one releases the license and that could take hours, having the feature in that window is necessary so that a second device that logged into the same account could log out, and then log into another account without contacting customer support or reinstalling the software, which are just ways to work around the problem, I have tried to activate the Discovery Mode but when the license is activated on another device I can’t do that either.

Hi @luis.arreolac,

Thank you for your message.

I’m not sure we are discussing the same issue then because if you don’t log out first, uninstalling PIX4Dmapper will not deactivate that specific device from a license.

Are you now referring to a specific account? I can’t find any active PIX4Dmapper license on yours (besides the Discovery one)

Hi @Daniele_Lecci ,
First of all I don’t think we are talking about the same situation indeed, secondly I appreciate you trying to help me but I really don’t have a problem right now that’s why I didn’t include data from the account where the problem has sometimes occurred, I just wanted to contribute to the discussion that opened this debate with my experience using the software and at least this discussion was opened in 2021 so at 2023 it is still an issue in the software, even though I have been using it since 2016 and since then I ran into the problem, at first yes it was frustrating not knowing how to deal with it, it still is but at least now I have ways to work around the problem, I just wish like nabaz.gharib, the user who opened this discussion, that the option to logout was added to the license selection window, so working with multiple devices and multiple accounts would be easier and not having to rely on workarounds to continue working.

To summarize the situation:
One device logs in and activates the license and a second device logs into the same account and gets stuck in the license selection window until the first one releases the license (attached Image - can’t select a license because is being use on the first device, and can’t select Discovery Mode either), no logout feature in that window and is necessary so the second device that logged into the same account could log out, and then log into a different account, but until now the only options to “solve” the problem are uninstalling and installing the software again or according to some other threads I’ve seen online because I never did it myself, contacting customer support asking them to force the logout in a specific device, and a third option is to simply wait for the license to be released like I said before.

I hope it is better understood now, by the way thank you for your time.

Hi @luis.arreolac,

Thank you for the additional information. I appreciate your willingness to contribute to the discussion and share feedback about your experience.

Yes, this is expected. If the license is active on another device, it can’t be used on a different device (the session must be closed with a log-out or you must remotely deactivate the device).
You should be able, however, to log in into the Discovery mode, unless that license is also used somewhere else. In this case, if you are completely blocked and you don’t have access to the devices currently using the license, just contact the support team and we will unblock the situation immediately.
This issue has been fixed in the newer products (PIX4Dmatic, PIX4Dsurvey, …) where the device is deactivated automatically from the license when the app is closed.

Please note that uninstalling PIX4Dmapper won’t have any effect on the active devices for a license.

Current solutions are:
a) log out after finishing using PIX4Dmapper
b) use the remote deactivation feature
c) contact support

Hi @Daniele_Lecci ,

I feel like we are going in circles, I know that when you log in on a second device the expected behavior in the program is that you can’t activate a license again unless it allows more than one simultaneous activation, this is not about deactivating currently active sessions, or sessions that activated the license and closed the software without logging out, and I can’t enter Discovery Mode because someone else is using it as well, what I am trying to say is that once a second device accesses the same account and the license is being actively used on the first one, then the only options are to wait for the license to be released or if we are in a hurry and want to use a different account on the second device is to uninstall the program and reinstall it so that the next time we open the program the login appears again instead of the license selection window, otherwise we are stuck in that window without being able to do anything else on the second device, and that seems absurd to me if I’m honest, as it could be easily solved by placing a logout on that little window.

PS: Contacting customer support to solve a situation like the one I describe is not a solution either, because I have also seen that it can take hours for everything to be solved due to the response times and sometimes there is a rush to get the job done. I also know I am not the only one who has experienced this issue, I have seen it mentioned on several occasions in different forums.

Hi @luis.arreolac,

The feedback has been shared with the developers, but I can’t ensure this will be implemented at any time soon.

Newly sold licenses come with remote deactivation already turned on.
If you know that you are going to use PIX4Dmapper on many different devices, the only thing I can suggest at the moment is to have the remote deactivation activated, so you can deactivate active devices from your account page. This is to ensure that only people with the user password (to log in to the account page) can deactivate a device.

Hello @Daniele_Lecci ,
Remote deactivation is enabled on that account but as I said that is not the case, when the account has the license enabled on some device it’s because it’s being used by some of the co-workers that share it including myself, so I don’t want to interrupt them in their process, and if for some reason more than one of us logs into the same account at the same time, the second one gets stuck in the license selection window until the license is released or if there is too much of a hurry to use the software with a different account, well the alternative is to uninstall and reinstall the software so the login appears again, and this is something that should not be like that since by design there should be a way to log out of that small window in addition to the main window of the software, so this kind of situation with multiple devices and multiple accounts does not leave you stuck in one part of the software in that way.

PS: Thank you so much for sharing the feedback with the developers. :smiley: :crossed_fingers: