Multiple Viewpoints

A couple of months ago, the “Save view as default 3D view” feature was introduced, a very welcome enhancement.

It would be great if we could define multiple view points rather than just the default view.

Regards
Reto

Dear Reto,
Thank you for this request. Three questions, out of interest:

1. How would you like to choose one viewpoint or the other?
  2. Why do you want to have those supplementary viewpoints? Should they be linked to some kind of information, for example?
  3. Would you be interested in a fly-through animation over the project that visits those viewpoints?

Have a good afternoon,
Olivier

Hi Olivier

My customer wants to present his project (an ifc model imported into Pix4Dcloud) in the existing environment, represented by a large point cloud (or textured mesh, if I could manage to import it).

According to the customert here are a few viewpoints of great importance, e.g. when you drive along the road, etc…

It would be nice to be able to store such viewpoints, maybe as a special annotation, allowing the viewpoint to be described.

How to navigate?
If viewpoints are modeled as annotations, one could use the “Focus on annotation” or a similar button to navigate. But I’m sure there are other ways how one could do that.

Fly-throughs would also be nice, of course.

– Reto

PS: Viewpoints are quite a common concept and also exist in CloudCompare, MeshLab and Global Mapper, I suppose.