A brand new viewer is now available for Pix4Dmapper Cloud application and it comes with new features and improvements.
Annotations synchronized between 2D and 3D views
2D and 3D annotations are now synchronized. Measurements added in the 2D view will be shown in the 3D view and vice-versa. When in the 2D view, elevations (Z) will be determined using the DSM, if available.
To easily switch between the two views, we added a new 2D/3D switcher on the bottom left of the view. Layers that can only be viewed in either 2D or 3D have a button next to them in the hierarchy which lets you quickly switch to that view.
Marker coordinates are now displayed in the project’s output projected coordinate system as well as WGS84. They are also formatted in a more standard way.
Pointer’s WGS84 coordinates and elevation are now displayed at the bottom right corner of the viewer. These values change dynamically when the pointer moves.
More point cloud settings
We improved the point cloud visualization considerably. For example, it is now possible to select a “fixed” point cloud size which will make certain point clouds look better, especially when they contain areas with low point density. There is also an option to color the points according to their elevation/Z values.
Mesh and point cloud are independent layers
Mesh and Point cloud are now available as independent layers in the hierarchy. This means you can visualize them at the same time and change their settings independently in the Inspector (right panel). In the future, we plan to add more advanced visualization settings for meshes and point clouds.
GeoJSON files can now be imported into your projects. You can export annotations and measurements from an existing project as GeoJSON and import them into another project. You can also import files produced with third-party GIS editors like http://geojson.io/
Note, however, that GeoJSON files which specify a coordinate system other than WGS84 (EPSG:4326) are not currently supported.
- Individual annotations can be turned off or on.
- The format of exported CSV files has been changed to match the information that is currently available for each annotation.
- The button used to toggle the basemap has moved to the bottom left corner of the viewer and is now a global property of the project rather than a layer.
- The rendering of 3D geometries has been greatly improved especially for situations where lines or polygons had very acute angles.
- Better error handling for volume measurements.