Mosaic Editing - Regions

If you have several “Regions” do you need to save each one individually or when you hit the save button does it save all the regions created?

Hi Stephen,

Yes, clicking the “Save” button under Regions will save all regions that have been made.  However this only saves the data in Memory, and you will need to export the revised orthomosaic for the changes be saved to Disk.

Menu View > Mosaic Editor > Mosaic Editing

You can review the above support article for more information.

Regards,

Aaron Woods

Hi Aaron,

Using the Ortho Projection, the drawing time is extremely slow when selecting or deselecting images to include in a region. Do you know if there is a way to speed up this process? Which memory type does Pix4D use when editing mosaics (RAM, CPU, GPU,etc.)?

Hi Stephen:

For loading the orthomosaic you want to make sure that you have enough RAM. For editing, the GPU is next on the list that would be heavily used. 

You can read more about what components are used for what steps HERE.

In the links below you can find relevant hardware related information:

Processing Speed
System Requirements
Pix4D Computer hardware community benchmark
PC Hardware Articles in Category “Pix4D”

Cheers,

Ina

I have a question: when saving and exporting, do I get individual orthomosaics for each region? For example, I defined 3 regions on the orthomosaic, clicked save and export but all I end up with is just one orthomosaic, same as the original. Is there a way to export regions? Or better still, is there a way to define slices or tiles for export?

Hi Sameer,

You can find more detailed information on how the mosaic overwrites or saves the edited orthomosaic here:

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/204829349-Mosaic-Editor-Workflow

Cheers,

Ina

Hello
after saving and exporting orthmosaic just tiles file appearing in the folder
what is the problem in this case?

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your question, and welcome back to the community.

There is no problem in this case. Depending on the size of the project PIX4Dmapper will break an orthomosaic into tiles.

To receive one file, you will need to reprocess step 3. DSM, Orthomosaic and Index with the Merge Tiles option selected for the Orthomosaic.

I hope this information helps, please feel free to reach back out should you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Jonathan

thanks for your response
what about my edit in the orthmosaic?

Hi Mohammad,

If the orthomosaic is already edited, reprocessing will discard your edits.

Another potential solution could be to take the tiles previously generated and assemble them in a 3rd party software such as QGIS. If that is not an option, you can send me the tiles and I can do it for you.

Thank you,
Jonathan