Model freezes on loading

Hi,

I uploaded a very big point cloud (16GB) and now the cloud viewer starts to load it and then only displays the rotating “loading” circle. Manipulating the model is not possible but the other controls are at least clickable.
The mesh also does not work.

Are there any restrictions to the size of the point cloud? Does it make sense to reupload? maybe there was an error in processing after upload?

Thanks,
Simon

Hi,

Welcome to Pix4D Community.

There isn’t exactly a limit for point cloud files, but definitely to have a million points with being difficult to process or visualize. I will suggest you downsample your big point cloud in several smaller areas the interest.

If you would like us to investigate further this issue, please open a ticket on the support page and let us know as extra information which project id you are referring to.

I am looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Hi,

I reduced the number of points using CloudCompare to 100 Million and now it is working fine for the Point Cloud.
Activating the mesh (800MB for all files) however still crashes the viewer and I have no idea how to downsample that.

Really annoying to see that this expensive service has such severe limitations. Not that the large number of points would be necessary but requiring an extra step just to make it work is not what I expect. Just downsample after uploading - or what else is happening during “optimization”?

Simon

Hi,

I am contacting you by private ticket because I will need some specific details.

Best regards,