Mini 3 Pro with Pix4D Capture Pro - Which Controller is best?

Hi there,

I have been using Pix4D Capture and Capture Pro with DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 and Parrot Anafi for some time. I have recently upgraded and got some new kit - Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3E and I am wanting to transfer my workflow to these drones.

I have the DJI RC Pro Enterprise with the Mavic and both the DJI RC and RC N1 with the Mini 3 Pro. I know that the DJI RC will not accept App installation but I also have a Tripltek Pro 8 Android tablet that will work with the RC N1.

Will the Capture Pro App work okay with the RC N1 and Mini 3 Pro or do I need to use the RC Pro Enterprise for both drones?

I have connected the Mini 3 Pro to the RC N1 with Capture Pro and it all seems fine, apart from I get a message saying all permissions have not been granted to the SDK - as far as I can see there are no permissions denied so I was wondering if this warning is because of the limitation of the RC N1?

Also, would I be better to install Capture Pro directly on the RC Pro Enterprise or will it work just as well with the Tripltek Pro 8 connected to it and running the App from there?

I plan to use the Mini 3 Pro only in very congested areas where overflight and separation rules can not be attained with the M3E.

Thank you for your consideration!

Hi @survey6,

I’m happy to hear that you want to transition from PIX4Dcapture to PIX4Dcapture Pro.

DJI Mini 3 Pro (*)
To use PIX4Dcapture Pro with this drone, you need to use a combination of the DJI N1 + an Android device. You can find the APK file here.

Is this message about permission not being granted preventing you from flying the drone? Can you eventually share a screenshot with me?

Mavic 3E
To use PIX4Dcapture Pro with this drone, you need to use the default DJI RC Pro Enterprise controller. You can find the APK file here.

(*) Please also note that the DJI Mini 3 and DJI Mini 3 Pro only support Grid Mission (Generic) inside the PIX4Dcapture Pro app. These drones don’t support the Terrain Awareness feature either.

Thank you @Daniele_Lecci - this is the answer I was hoping for. I have been using Capture Pro with my existing drones and it has worked well.

I will get a screenshot / photograph of the warning message when it appears, I may try removing and re-installing first to double check I haven’t missed anything previously.

I am aware of the limitations of the Mini 3 Pro - the missions I would fly using it are all simple grid Ortho / models so this is not an issue for my use case.

Hi @survey6,

I’m glad to hear that you are happy with the answer.
Yes, please share a screenshot once you have it.

Cheers.

I am using mini 3 pro and the N1 controller . but today came to me the message:

“”A PIX4D subscription is required

Upgrade your account with a Professional Pix4D subscription and unlock all supported drones and premium features.””

What is going one is not free anymore?

My understanding is that to be able to use Capture Pro you must have either a Subscription to Pix4D Cloud processing services or be in a current Support and Update status with a perpretual license of Pix4D Mapper. Pix4D Capture (original Version) is still available to use free of charge but it does not support the latest DJI Drones.

I don’t know but I was using it before a week for the planner with mini 3 pro and N1

Hi @survey6,

Any paid subscription or trial (no matter the product) gives access to professional features as well as any perpetual license with active Support and Upgrade (S&U).
You can find more details here:

Hi @civilathanasiou,

To use the DJI mini 3 Pro, you need to have an active subscription or perpetual license with an active S&U.

Please note that the DJI Mini 3 and DJI Mini 3 Pro only support Grid Mission (Generic) inside the PIX4Dcapture Pro app. These drones don’t support the Terrain Awareness feature either.