Matic makes two camera positions

When i upload a dataset from a DJI Mini2, Matic generates 2 positions of the camera.
One is Nadir as flown, and the other is Oblique.

This i the second time i experience this, but first time i managed to get a good result anyway, because i had GCP’s, so that i could force it to do the model.

But this time i have no GCP’s, plus the pictures are really bad (i know!!!), but that shouldnt really influence the ability to do a proper picturecalibration. And it shouldn’t make dual camera-positions.

Have a happy new year!!

Hi @madh,

Welcome to the Pix4D Community.

You can “force” to use the camera’s internal parameters to be close to their initial values by setting the Internals confidence to High in the Calibration processing options.

Of course, it also depends on how bad the pictures are.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi Daniele

Thank you for your respond.

i had not considered using the Internal confidence that way. i will try running it again.

But i still need to understand why the program shows 2 cameras.

Does it get some wrongfull info from the drones Metadata???

i have done a lot of topografic fotogrammetri with different software over the years, but i have never experienced this fault with other programs than Matic.

Happy new years by the way.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your reply. Happy New Year to you, too :tada: .

The two cameras are the initial and the computed position and orientation.
The blue camera represents the position and the orientation of the camera read from the image metadata (EXIF/XMP).
During the calibration, the software takes into account the content of the images and recalculates the real position based on photogrammetry. The new position and orientation will be shown with a green camera and, in normal cases, should be a better representation of the real conditions.

If the image content is not good, it is possible that the software finds another possible solution during calibration that is different from the actual situation.

Let me know how it goes.

Daniele