Loading a KML with a hole

I am wondering if Pix4d has the ability to load a KML with a hole for the processing area? I am flying a walkway around a lake and would like my exports to be cropped to 5m off the walkway path. I created a KML that covers just the area i want in Google Earth, but when i load it into Pix4d only one of the boundaries is displayed. So instead of getting something like a Donut I just get a circle. Is there anyway to load such a KML into Pix4d?

1 Like

I don’t believe so. I just tried a few different files with polygons this way and it works for me as you described.

Can you use GIS (like Global Mapper) to clean this up after processing? I do what you’re asking for often in global mapper. Main issue would be if you’re trying to upload to Pix4d cloud and can’t set that boundary before uploading.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s what i ended up doing, was just hoping there was a way so the Pix4d processing would go quicker and wouldn’t require the extra import and export steps and time

2 Likes

Hi n.roper,

Thank you for your message, and welcome to the Pix4D Community.
As already anticipated by Derrick_Westoby1, it is not possible to use a shape like this (Donut). Only one of the two polygons is taken into account.
I can see two solutions here:

• You can clean the result in post-processing using a GIS application (QGIS, Global Mapper, ArcGis, …)
  • You can use a “C” shaped polygon, but you will lose one part of the full circle

I hope this helps.