Is there a way to remove images from a project?

I am running into allocation errors during the calibration stage and I want to break up the project into smaller parts to make it doable for my computer. However, after poking around for awhile I haven’t seen any way to deselect images or choose a certain area to process. I would really like to avoid having to start a new project and therefore have to remark all my GCP’s. Has anyone been able to do this? I know that you can on pix4dmapper.

@uwrapid thanks for sharing the question on the community. My understanding is that you’re using PIX4Dmatic.

If your main worry is the need to remark GCPs, you shouldn’t worry, there is a way to export and import marks that you made in a project into a new project.

The export and import buttons are located here:

The steps would be:

1. Export your marks from your current project
  2. Create another project with a subset of your images
  3. Import the GCPs and set their coordinate system
  4. Import the marks you exported in step 1)
  5. Run the processing.

The import is described here as well: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045074152-Tie-Points-GCPs-MTPs-and-CPs-in-PIX4Dmatic#Import_Marks

For the mid-long term we’re going to look into:

• Processing areas
  • Automatic split/merge of large projects
  • Multiselection of images, so that you can remove/disable them

Hope this helps, let me know if you could make it like that! Thanks!

@Pierangelo_Rothenbuhler I landed here because I need to know how to remove images from a project. Since this reflects the title of this support request, could you or someone else explain to me how to achieve this, if it is indeed possible?

My context is that I added some images to a project that are from the wrong flight, and rather than recreate the project form scratch with only the correct images, I just want to remove the incorrect ones.

Hi @rory.oconnor ,

If you wish to remove images you can do it by selecting the Image viewer and then right-click on the image you wish to remove and click on Remove image.

You can also select the image you want to remove by selecting View> Maximize image viewer from the Menu bar. Then right-click on the image you wish to remove and click on Remove image.

Have in mind that all processed outputs will be removed if an image that has been used for generating data is removed.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best,

1 Like

@rory.oconnor thanks for providing the context. Nikoleta showed in her reply how it is currently possible to remove images one at a time. If you added many images, this may be cumbersome. In the future, we’d like to have a multi-select option, so that you can remove multiple images from the project at the same time. This multi-select would also enable other operations on images, e.g. create different groups of images,…ideally we would be able to do this directly in the 3D view too, so that it’s easy to select a set of images (especially if they are from a different flight, they may be at a different place in the project).

One thing to keep in mind, if you have realized directly that you imported the wrong images, the History panel should be useful, you can go back to a previous state of the project.

The same is true with the “CTRL+Z” functionality, where you can simply revert the import of the images.

1 Like

Thank you both @Nikoleta_Dimopoulou and @Pierangelo_Rothenbuhler. Sometimes the solution is so simple but I just didn’t see it… I think the multi-selection option is a great idea to implement too - I certainly made extensive use of image ‘groups’ in exotic projects in Pix4Dmapper!

1 Like