Include belgian geoid hBG18 into predefined vertical CRS

Hi,

Is it possible to include belgian geoid hBG18 into local predifined vertical CRS ?
What type of file do you need to achieve that ?
All files can be found (.dat, .bin, .txt, .ggf, … ) using this link : GEOIDE 2018 - CGEOS - CREATIVE GEOSENSING SPRL

Thanks,
Roland

Hi @roland.cassart, we’re going to look into supporting the Belgian geoid. I’ll check with the developers and if we need something more, I’ll post here. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hi @roland.cassart,

We have made the necessary preparation work to add the Belgian geoid to PIX4Dmatic, it has been added to PROJ, which is targeting a release beginning of March. Once this is done, we should be able to add it to PIX4Dmatic.

However, we are missing a dataset to test that our integration works correctly. Could you please share a dataset with us that uses the Belgian geoid model? e.g. with GCPs in that coordinate system.

If yes, please add a link here or reach out to our support team (https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?) indicating that the dataset is for the PIX4Dmatic team.

Thank you!
Pierangelo

Hi Pierangelo,

Thank a lot for this.

Of course, I can share a dataset, you’ll find attached the GCP file in EPSG 31370 using HBG18 Geoid but how can I send you the set of 890 images ? a zip file through ‘wetransfer’ ?

Regards,

Roland Cassart

PIXAERO

rue de Fernelmont, 199

5020 Champion

Belgium

tel : +32 476 71 17 93

email : roland.cassart@pixaero.be

image001.jpg

Hi @roland.cassart , that’s great, thanks! I sent you a private message and we can continue there. I’ll post an update here once it was added.

Best,
Pierangelo