Implement Clipping Box

It would be so nice to have the clipping box feature from P4D Mapper included in Survey to isolate certain areas.

I definitely agree, A clipping box is a great tool to prevent areas not currently focused on from being edited. During point cloud (re-)classification I use the clipping box almost always, in Pix4Dmapper.

1 Like

Hi Pix4dTeam,

Do you think that clipping box could be integrate in the next realease?
I use pix4dsurvey for drawing into pointcloud from drone and laser scanner indoor and it’s very hard to work with pix4d Survey without clipping box.

Thanks,

Hi Gwen,
You can add this issue to our feature request page.

Hi everyone,

Yes, clipping boxes are on the roadmap for this year. I hope you’ve all tried the selection tools that we have, and experimented a bit with using inactive classes as a workaround. I’ll hopefully be back here in springtime with an update. Thanks for trying out Survey - this, or any other feedback is always useful!
Nate

Any progress on this being implemented in pix4d survey? I work with complex point clouds from land slides so have to do a lot of manual terrain classification and with out a clipping box it is really difficult as you end up selecting data that you did not want to select. Also you need to fix the pix4d matic buggy clipping box that selects everything even when has been clipped.

Hi,

I shared your feedback with the developing team once again.

For now, have you tried the following workaround? If not, could you tell us if this helps?

1. Select the region you would like to work with using the Polygon or Rectangle selection tool (may need to be strategic here).
  2. Right-click the selection and assign an ASPRS Class.
  3. Enable ASPRS classes and disable the view for “never classified” points.
  4. The result will be only the section you assigned a new class to be shown on the screen, which can allow an easier way for cleaning points.

The disadvantage of this is that if you’re already using ASPRD Classes, then it might get complicated.

For reference on the Polygon or Rectangle selecting tool: Vectorization - PIX4Dsurvey

Best regards,
Rosana (she/her)

When will the clipping box be available in Pix4d Survey? It is coming increasing frustrating trying to manually classify large point clouds, when I can’t clip the areas I am interested in. This is such a basic feature in any software that works with point clouds.

1 Like

Hi,

This is currently on the roadmap. However, we do not have a time frame when this will be available. Once it is available, it will be announced here: Technical release notes - PIX4Dsurvey Feel free to click on the Follow button to know the latest features when a new version is released.

Best regards,
Rosana (she/her)