How to determine estimated image count in Pix4D capture?

Is it possible to determine the planned (estimated) number of images that will be captured for a Pix4D capture mission?  This is displayed in DroneDeploy and MME but I can not find it anywhere in Pix4D. 

Hello Tim,

It is not possible at the time to get any estimates of the number of images that will be acquired using Pix4Dcapture. I will share your feedback with the developer’s team and the product owner so that they consider to implement this functionality in the future.

Best regards,

1 Like

Thanks Gael.  Since there are more important issues that have not been resolved in over 2 years we both know what this means :)  

HELP!! Is there any way of planning a mission and KNOWING how many images will be captured BEFORE connection to the Drone onsite?? Very important for a client who wants to process themselves. Currently I need to resort to “other” mission apps to do so.

Hello,

It is not possible at the time to get any estimates of the number of images that will be acquired using Pix4Dcapture.

Best,

I would look at UgCS Photogrammetry Tool for UAV Land Survey Missions . Very powerful. Only drawback is it requires use of laptop and ipad onsight of mapping area. But very impressive software.

I use Pix4D Mapper (desktop) but rarely use the Pix4D flight app. Either DD or UgCS.

Thanks for the reply. Disappointing nonetheless!! :frowning: It’s 2020. If others are doing it, do you see why it might be a nice feature to have? Surely just relatively simple mathematics at your end!? No?