Hardware specifications to improve performance

Hi!

I have adquire a sin server with 2 processors 20 cores each, but seems to be that I forgot to get a videocard good enough. The point that the time for processing a large amount of images is taking much more time that an smaller computer that I also use to process images. How good should be the vídeo card I should incorporate un order to imorove the time of processing. And how much this is going to be reduced. Thanks for your support

Hi Carlos,

Pix4D Desktop takes advantage of NVIDIA GPUs with CUDA to further increase processing speed. The speed increase highly depends on the project type, i.e. the image number, the image size and the image content.

You can find more information about the use of GPU in Pix4Dmapper here: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/203405619.

Regards,

nearly how much pics can be processed in single project.

as i am having around 12900 pics of 63 km of railway project and need to process the same in one go.
can it be possible.

please help

Yes, but you’ll need 128GB of RAM for that amount of pics.

@rohitkumar1212, have a look at Pix4Dmatic that is optimized for large corridor projects.

Also see the recommended hardware specs, we were able to process a 10000 image project with 64 GB of RAM.