Grid flight problems

I uploaded to phantom 3 advanced a grid. The flight startes correctcly. The drone went to the edge of the grid and started the mission. It took only the three first photos and then it send a message about syncing thr photos. The drone finished the mission but it stopped at thr last point and did not retutn to the home point. I had to turn it back manually. 

I use an android version. I have the last version of pix4d capture and the last firmware on the drone. I tried again the samd grid the next day and it worked. The problem has two axes. The first one is that the drone completes the grid without taking the photos. The second one is that the drone stopped at the last point of the grid and I had to take it back manually. In total the problem was appeared twice in the last three days. In the same time I have completed another two grids without problems. 

Hi Konstantinos,

We first recommend to have installed our latest versions: Android Pix4Dcapture 3.1.0 or iOS Pix4Dcapture 1.3.2.

Are you flying on Android or iOS? Could you confirm the latest firmware is installed on the drone? This can be checked with the manufacturer’s app.
Did this happen several time or only once?

If you have any doubts on the optimal workflow to follow with the app, you can refer to our getting started:

Regards,

I use an android version. I have the last version of pix4d capture and the last firmware on the drone. I tried again the same grid the next day and it worked. The problem has two axes. The first one is that the drone completes the grid without taking the photos. The second one is that the drone stopped at the last point of the grid and I had to take it back manually. In total the problem was appeared twice in the last three days. In the same time I have completed another two grids without problems. 

We are glad to hear that you could achieve several successful missions.

Regarding the first problem (drone not taking images), it could be that the mission was not fully uploaded to the drone or that the mission was interrupted for some reasons. It happens time to time.

As for the second problem (drone stopped at the end of the grid), it could be related to safety settings that are defined in DJI GO. For instance, if the drone is too far away from the homepoint (where it was turned on), it requires manual control to make it return home and land.

Regards,