Get this error message no matter what: "Processing failed. Cannot compute the average ground sampling distance (GSD)"

Hi :smiley:

I have tried to process some orbital photos taken with my Phantom 4 Pro V2.  I have almost 80 photos around around a small house (10x15 meter, two levels) 

get the error message on step 1, no matter what i do:

[Error]: Error e0046: Processing failed. Cannot compute the average ground sampling distance (GSD).

I have even downloaded some of the demo projects (ANAFI Work)  on the pix4d Models, and I get the error message. I have re-installed the Pix4D mapper 2 times.

Spec system: i7 6700K, GTX 1080, 32 GB ram etc. 

When I process the projects in the cloud, they look really good

Any tips?

Thank you

Hello,

Have you checked the instructions here: b. “Processing failed. Cannot compute the average ground sampling distance (GSD).”?
If the images are blurry or they do not have sufficient overlap, step 1 will be failing.

It is, indeed, very strange that you get the same error with our example dataset. Could you please share the log file of this demo project so that we can further investigate? You can upload your data to our OneDrive

Thanks in advance!

We are also experiencing this error message. We fly the same patterns daily and only recently began to encounter this issue. We also flew the same patterns (with the same parameters ie. overlap, height, zone etc.) with 2 different drone manufacturers and received the same error for both. We tried processing images from an earlier flight that had previously processed without issue and received this error. This leads us to conclude it is not a drone issue nor an images issue.

The error message is a misnomer. This is a working folder issue. We ran out of local drive space and were trying to work from a network drive. After clearing up local drive space the issue has gone away.