GDA 2020 Australia

LOVE Pix4d!!!

Can we please include reference to the new Australian datum GDA2020?

It will replace current GDA94 datum as at the end of 2019 and I’m already seeing designs in GDA2020.

Thanks,
Mark.

Hi Mark!

Yes! We are aware that the current datum is going to be replaced.

If everything goes as expected, we should have it in Q1 2020.

We will keep you posted. :wink:

However, if you managed to get a custom .prj, you can always take it into Pix4Dmapper. Example here.

Additionally, in case you acquire a dataset with GCPs in this CS, please write to support and share the project with us. We’ll ensure whether everything works as expected.

Thanks!
Beata

No problems sure will!

THanks.

Hi @mhsteggall,

Any updates? :slight_smile: Do you have any dataset that includes GCPs in GDA2020 which we could test?

Let me know, thanks!

Hi @mhsteggall,

You can test now our new preview Pix4Dmapper 4.6.1 which contains GDA2020 :slight_smile:

Regards

I only have 4.5.6

Is there a new one?

Thanks Beata

Hi @mhsteggall,

Pix4Dmapper 4.5.6 is our last stable release.

Please download 4.6.1 Preview in order to test the GDA2020 coordinate system.

Regards!

Hi,

I just downloaded the 4.6.1 preview to check the GDA2020 coordinate system. As far as I understand things, to produce data in the GDA2020 system, the GDA2020 geoid must be used, however this is not available. Can someone advise no the best way to accommodate for this?

Thanks
Rory

Hi Rory,

At the moment, Pix4Dmapper doesn’t support any geoid except for the global geoids EGM 84, EGM 96 and EGM 2008. As a workaround, you should set your vertical output coordinate system to arbitrary and your vertical GCP coordinate system to arbitrary, but leave your collected GCP coordinates untouched. This will fit and export the vertical model according to your GCPs.

Regards

Thanks for the clarification. Is the addition of other geoid models something that is being developed?

If one of our customers want the quality report for projects we deliver I can imagine that “arbitrary” vertical datum will raise unnecessary questions.

I guess it would be great if we could add a comment to append onto the “arbitrary” descriptor so that the quality report would say “Arbitrary - User defined to Ausgeoid2020” or somethign like that. Not a huge deal though.

Thanks again
Rory

Hi,
I understand your point. However, unfortunately, it’s not possible for us at the moment to make any adjustments in the Quality Report generation process. What I can offer is considering Pix4Dmatic where AUSGeoid2020 is included. Learn more in Pix4Dmatic - next-generation photogrammetry software for large scale and corridor mapping and How to work with Geoids in Pix4Dmatic.

Regards,

I’d like to see native capability for ausgeoid2020 without having to by a whole other product (matic) or using a work around.

2 Likes

Summary:

GDA2020 is available in Pix4Dmapper since 4.6.1 Preview.

The first recommended stable version of Pix4Dmapper that contains GDA2020 is 4.6.4.

Regards

1 Like