Flight Planning - Address/property search and street names in Pix4D Capture

Hello, I have been using Pix4D products for quite some time. I am frequently asked to quote time, equipment costs, etc for flights with known/addressed areas. I utilize Pix4D Capture for flight planning and quoting. The majority of my time spent quoting is attempting to find the area on the map in Pix4D. Without the ability to find cities, streets, or the option to search an address. This tasks becomes very tedious and time consuming as I have to use lakes and land marks to get myself into the general vicinity and from there slowly zoom in. Am I missing something here? The Capture app does not feature a search option nor City, street, etc labels on neither my IOS nor Android tablets. Is there a setting that I am missing? I am running the most current software on both OS’s. Please help

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your feedback. It is always valuable to get comments from users dealing day-to-day with our application.

Unfortunately, for the moment it is not possible to search a location/address/property when planning a flight using Pix4Dcapture.
Note that this feature is a popular request among users and the approach of our applications in the future is to simplify/improve the user’s experience, especially for people who fly a lot. Then, having the possibility to search for a specific location in order to optimize the flight preparation is definitely something we consider.

A special attention is given by our teams for this at the moment.

Best,

Thank you for your time Gael. Based on your response I understand that the Capture app does not the ability to search however you did not seem to cover the street name portion of the question. Am I overlooking the option to enable street names on the map? Thank you again.

Hi Jason,

It is also impossible to search a location by streets name using Pix4Dcapture

However, if my understanding is correct you would like the streets name to be displayed when planning a flight.

In that case, you have the possibility to change the street basemap or satellite basemap provider in case it does not satisfy you. 
To do so, Go the general settings –> tap on Map- -> then tap on satellite or street basemap provider –> Tap on other… and then add your own basemap provider.

By default, the basemap provider used by Pix4Dcapture is MapBox which can have some limitations. Note that when you have issues to display properly a map or street names, either when using satellite or map view, only the basemap prover is responsible for that.

I would suggest you to add google map as a basemap provider.
The URLs that you can try are the following. (first is hybrid, the second is roadmap)

http://mt0.google.com/vt/lyrs=y&hl=en&x={x}&y={y}&z={z}&s=Ga

http://mt0.google.com/vt/lyrs=m&hl=en&x={x}&y={y}&z={z}&s=Ga

It has been four (4) years since this thread was created and this simple feature has yet to be included. Pix4D, get on it. You will be losing customers to your competition that have already “cracked” this code too.