ESRI SLPK 'web scene' layers are not supported in the current ArcGIS Online (10.5.1?)

Here’s 4326 exported out of ArcPro. This is what most AGOL web layers are going to be on.
Before you spend (or waste) too much time trusting me fully, I’d recommend doing a rapid processing project with the settings on your 3D mesh turned all of the way down (and using this projection) and try it. Beats waiting half a day to do a full resolution mesh only to find out it didn’t work.

4326.prj (168 Bytes)

I’m trying to remember this stuff from a few years ago, but I’m pretty sure I’m remembering correctly.

This is the source of the problem:

The horizontal coordinate system I’m using is State Plane, with the units being US FT.
The vertical system with these options (the default options) has a unit expressed in meters.
The mismatch of units here will prevent you from being able to upload the scene layer to AGOL.

If you change the vertical to “arbitrary”, which is what Pix4d documentation recommends when using ground control points, you can then upload the scene layer to AGOL…BUT…the vertical scaling was incorrect (if I remember right).

Hope this helps you and others out. Or at the very least points you in the right direction. Please post your results…

These some great points/resources. I am trying to avoid using “arbitrary” vertical coordinate system. I’m going to attempt to convert my GCPs to 3857 and process the whole project in Pix4D using 3857. I’ll keep you posted on the results. Thanks again!

1 Like

Welcome!

btw, I just e-stalked you and noticed you’re at PCC. Do you know Bryan K? We’ve been nerding out over UAS/GIS stuff lately and I just laughed when I saw where you worked. I assume you two work together…

I do know Bryan K! He was one of my instructors. I am now out at a utility service as a UAS intern. Small world!

1 Like