Editing point cloud: mouse sensitivity

Has anyone become frustrated with the “Edit Densified Point Cloud” tool mouse sensitivity?  

I have found that it sometimes takes 2-3 or 4 clicks each vertex while drawing polygons around points.  In a quarry environment, the Terrain / Object point cloud classification tools don’t work real well so I do a lot of manual point cloud editing.  (I understand the Terrain / Object tool is well intentioned, it just doesn’t work real well in my application.)  I draw hundreds of polygons while editing the point cloud to remove vegetation and equipment, and this multi-clicking is getting old.

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the click?  I’ve noticed that if i stop the mouse, and wait about a whole second, then click, it usually works.  It slows down my work doing it that way.  

Any suggestions?

3 Likes

Hey mate,

mine it works well. Did you change the mouse settings in your computer?

The terrain tool is beta that’s why is not working so well I guess. Can you record a video to show me?  

Alex. 

I have to agree with John. I have a similar issue. If the mouse pointer is in motion, even the slightest amount, it will not record my mouse click. Each time I have to move the mouse pointer, come to a complete stop and then click the mouse button. This slows down workflow massively!! I use several types of CAD / GIS / photo editing software and this is the only application that has this behavior.

Nigel

2 Likes

Just found this post …

https://community.pix4d.com/t/5180-Hard-to-make-polygons-with-Point-Edit#gsc.tab=0 

Please fix! Having to have the pointer stopped completely creates SO MANY missed clicks. I bet it DOUBLES my editing time.

1 Like

Hi all,

I can understand your frustration. Your feature request is already passed on to our team.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Best

1 Like

Hey,

the problem still exists. Please fix this!!! It has irritated me ever since I started using Pix4D in 2017, as other programs like AutoCAD behave differently. And since I have recently started to do more intensive work with the point clouds it is becoming more and more of an issue!

This is still(!) an issue. It is imposible to speed up the workpace by getting faster or better at what you do, when it takes 3 clicks or so to place a vertex.

1 Like