e9039

[Error]: Error e9039: Some result files or folders are already opened. Close all opened result files and file explorer windows and start processing again.

I am getting this error after step 1, and it then stops processing step 2. It will continue processing if i click process, but this is annoying as it means i have to sit and wait for it to do step 1…

there are no folders open so i dont know why i am getting this error??

1 Like

Hi Darren, 

Do you have this error with several projects?
Does it happen every time you process the project? 

Normally this error happens when viewing a result after a processing step, or if a window of the file explorer is open. The fact that you can run the processing of step 2 without changing anything seems to indicate that the files were already closed. 

Could you share a log file of one or several projects where this happened? If possible, you can share a link to a file sharing service with the files. Maybe there is some more information in these. Thanks! 

Hi, does anyone else have this problem. I was djusting my model just fine for the past week and today I’m getting this error when I try to reoptimize.

Hi @ing.midecarli,

Could you please try to save the project under a new name? (save as)
This should avoid the error.

Best

1 Like

We are getting this error on nearly every project we process.

[Error]: Error e9039: Some result files or folders are already opened. Close all opened result files and file explorer windows and start processing again.

It happens at the end of each step and we need to manually progress to the next step then it works.

Any thoughts?

Hi Thomas,

Can you first try what my colleagues mentioned above?

• Ensure that Windows Explorer and other software are closed while you process.

• Try saving the project under another name.

If this does not help, please attach the log file to your next reply. You can find it in the results folder: project_name/project_name.log.

In the meantime, note that you can enable notifications so that you get an email every time processing is finished. Like this, you do not need to regularly check if processing is finished.

I had the same problem and I fixed it renaming project with different name

2 Likes

Warning w9020: GDAL Error <4> Attempt to create new tiff file `C:/Users/carlo/Documents/Estadio_CU/Proceso3/3_dsm_ortho/1_dsm/tiles/Proceso3_dsm_1_3.tif_tmp.tif’ failed: Permission denied
[Error]: Generate DSM: failed to write tile [3]!

I have this problem, how can i fix it??

Hello,

May I ask if you tried what my colleagues mentioned above?

• Ensure that Windows Explorer and other software are closed while you process.
  • Try saving the project under another name.

If this does not help, please attach the log file to your next reply. You can find it in the results folder : project_name/ project_name.log .

Best,

I have been having this same problem on several projects in a row. I have tried all the above suggestions; rename the project (3 tries), reboot and insure no files, folders, or programs are open. The processing makes it through step 1 and 2 fine, then won’t process step 3.

Here is the log.
Tupper Friday.log (3.2 MB)

Hi Anders,

From the log file I can only see this line.

Beside closing the result folder and Windows Explorer, also make sure if there is no output that is opened in another application. For example, after the point cloud creation in step 2 and opening it with the 3rd-party software or opening quality report in adobe reader.

I also found disabling the anti-virus could be a solution from this post if you have an anti-virus program running behind.

Sincerely,
Rosana (she/her)

Thanks for getting back to me. There were no other instances of the folders being open on my compute or any network computer here at the office. I did get it to work though. I tried another new project folder but this time I tried a completely different drive on the server and it worked. There must be something residual in Pix 4D that kept looking at the old file location.

Hi @akey ,

I am glad to hear it worked!

May I ask you said “tried a completely different drive on the server and it worked”, is the drive a network drive? If it is a network drive, it could be the reason for this issue as it is not supported by PIX4Dmapper.

If not a network drive, do you mean it is a different local drive that solves this?

Sincerely,
Rosana (she/her)