DSM error.

Hello, my processing is giving an error when generating the DSM.
The message appears (Number of points retrieved by provider is different than asked.)
I already tried changing the settings in the Calibration and Point Cloud steps.
Here is the processing log.
2023-05-07_20-09-25.zip (466.1 KB)

I’m getting the same error with matic 1.45.0.

I’ve also see the same message with this version.

I reinstalled the latest stable version (1.43.2) and processed the DSM without issue.

anyone get this sorted? still getting this issue even with 1.43.2

Nope I’m getting this on 1.45.1, will try going back to 1.43.2 and see if it helps.

Andrew,
Can you share the windows installer file with me? I went from (1.39) to (1.45.1) so i cannot download (1.43.2). I’m hoping I can open my 1.45.1 project in the 1.43.2 version> 1.39 doesn’t let me.

Hi @xzamora

All the installer files of the past versions can be found in Technical release notes - PIX4Dmatic.

I’m hoping I can open my 1.45.1 project in the 1.43.2 version> 1.39 doesn’t let me.

If you still have an issue opening the 1.45.1 project in 1.43.2, please feel free to attach the log file for us to troubleshoot further what the cause is. :slight_smile:

You can follow this article to export the log file: How to export log files - PIX4Dmatic

Always remember to have the project folder and the dataset’s folder on a local disk/drive (typically C:/ or D:/)

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rosana (she/her)

I’m getting the same issue with vr 1.45.1, and it solved when I used a lower version 1.43.2

I was told by support team to install 1.46.0 version released 2 days ago. I am doing it now. I hope this issue resolves with the latest release.

Hi all,

This error

Number of points retrieved by provider is different than asked.

is fixed in v1.46.0.

Here are the bug fixes and improvements

• Fixed issue with perpetual educational license handling
  • Fixed an issue where the DSM was failing for certain projects

Please ensure to do a complete uninstall of PIX4Dmatic and download the latest version in our Technical release notes - PIX4Dmatic or here: Download PIX4Dmatic photogrammetry software

Here is how to do a complete uninstall:

1. In the Windows Search, type Add or remove programs .
  2. Scroll to find PIX4Dmatic and click the application.
  3. Click Uninstall .
  4. On the path where PIX4Dmatic was installed (default is C:\Program Files\Pix4Dmatic ), ensure this folder does not exist anymore. If it exists, DELETE this Pix4Dmaticfolder.
  5. In C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\pix4d , ensure the folder Pix4Dmatic does not exist anymore. If it exists, DELETE this Pix4Dmatic folder.
  6. In the Windows Search type regedit and search for the folder stored in the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pix4D and ensure this folder does not exist anymore. If it exists, DELETE this PIX4Dmatic folder.
  7. Restart the computer.
  8. Reinstall the latest preview version (v1.46.0) of the software: Technical release notes - PIX4Dmatic

Best regards,
Rosana (she/her)