DJI Inspire flying backwards in polygon mission

@Sean

Thank you for posting your experience with this common problem. I would like to get a better understanding of your specific experience so I can pass on the correct information to our development team.

Are you currently using Pix4Dcapture on an iOS or Android device? As my colleague, Andrew pointed out above, there are different types of flight lines in your automated mission. There are solid white lines which are referred to as capture lines and dashed white lines that your drone will take between capture lines, these are referred to as transition lines

From my understanding, your drone is flying at a 45-degree angle throughout the entirety of the flight, not just on transitional lines. Is your drone flying in a different manner on these separate lines? Does your drone also fly in this skewed orientation when utilizing other mission types (single or double-grid)?

Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on your drone and that you are using the latest version of Pix4Dcapture. 

Best,

Josh

I lost my drone yesterday due to this problem. I set mybdrone to fly into a hill but the altitude was not enough, the drone star the mission flying backwards in a intermittent behavior, couldn’t understand at first but it went all the way through flying like that. If it was facing front, the sensors could stop it flying into the trees. A big uhaa for Pix4Dcapture and its amazing software and updated map

Hi Frank,

I know this is off topic but, I’ll be using a Micasense Rededge on a fixed mount for a DJI Inspire 1 soon. Can you give me some pointer?

How did you figure out excatly what angle to place the camera for forward tilt? I know it can be anywhere from 8 - 12 degrees. What are you using? Is it successful? How fast are you setting your flight path, etc?

Are the grid flights working well for you? Have you switched mapping software due to this problem?

Thanks in advance.