Did Flyaway still happens?

Hello everyone!

I have read some topic on forum after I’ve watched on youtube flyaway during pix4d mission. I’m a bit scarred now. Only one positive think is that all of those topic was posted in 2017. Is this issue still possible? What to do in cause of that? Im using P4 Pro.

Hi Michal,

From time to time we have user contacting us that they are experiencing flyaways or that the drones crashed during the missions flown with the app.

We take every report very seriously and request all the necessary information in order to be able to perform the investigation and determine the cause of the failure.

In most of the cases, we are not able to find any indicators that would point out that the issue was caused by the app but rather by a drone that is not working optimally or the safety procedures in manufacturers app are not configured correctly (Fail-safe options).

The drone is actually responsible for not destroying itself and going out of control. The app tells the drone where to go, when to take pictures, and when it does not work this is due to issues on Pix4D side. But our app is not responsible when the drone does not work optimally as we cannot give instructions that would override the safe behavior of the drone. When the situation becomes out of control, it is coming from the drone as it is the “driver” meaning the aircraft knows how to fly. Normally taking over manual control should prevent incidents from happening. 

I would like to reassure you that it is highly unlikely that you will experience a severe failure if you take all the necessary steps to ensure that all the equipment (drone, controller, device, app) are up to date and working properly. 

More specifically, you can find some instruction on how to proceed here:

Best,