I experienced two Fly Away episodes while using pix4D Capture software at August 18th. Important to say: I don’t know if this problem is related to Pix4D software, DJI hardware, software or firmware or any other possibility. I’m posting here trying to find some answers. I’ll do the same at DJI forum.
I had planned three grid missions at 100m height, 880m x 560 meters with a Phantom 4, but, after two failures, I gave up flying. I will try to list here all strange behaviors that I could notice:
- Pix4D Capture software crashed several times along the week and crashed sometimes that day;
- It was hard to connect Ctrl+DJI with P4. I needed to turn on and turn off randomly battery, drone, control and Ctrl+ DJI to be able to get connection;
- P4 mission was set to flight to 100m but it stopped to climb at 45m and started to fly in one straight direction (not compatible to grid map start point);
- I changed control mode to A, S and P (several times) with no results;
- I pressed return home point (also several times) with no results;
- I completely lost the drone control.
Luckily P4 returned to home after battery depletion limit. No aerial pictures were taken.
I was using a Moto X 2014 mobile with latest Android (6.0) and firmware version available. I also was using most updated DJI GO, Crtl++DJI, Pix4D Capture, drone and control software and firmware.
I uploaded the log files and drone flight path (kml file - recovered from the log).
Fly away also happened yesterday with a friend, also here in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. He lost his Phantom 4 Pro. He also experienced some of these strange behaviors.
Would you know why it is happening?
Thanks in advance,