D-RTK2 Mobile Station with Pix4Dcapture

I am using the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise with an RTK Module and a DJI D-RTK 2 Mobile Station.

I connect the drone to the RTK station via the DJI Pilot 2 app, ensure I have adequate satellite coverage, and then force-close that app.

Then I open the Pix4Dcapture application and access the RTK menu in the operations screen. The RTK dialog header shows blue. I am not able to turn on RTK positioning in the Pix4Dcapture application because it directs me to create a new RTK account. I shouldn’t need to input NTRIP information if the drone is connected to the DJI D-RTK 2 Mobile Station.

How can I create a new account or otherwise connect the DJI D-RTK 2 Mobile Station to the Pix4Dcapture application?

Will the equipment I am using provide RTK corrections to metadata when flying a mission with the Pix4Dcapture application, even if the dialog header shows blue?

Hi @mpuia,

Welcome to the Pix4D Community :handshake:.

PIX4Dcapture Pro does not have support for DJI RTK base station within the app.
However, the you can configure the DJI RTK base station within the DJI app and then open PIX4Dcapture pro as usual.

Please note that we have never tested this internally so we can’t confirm this will work.

Please let us know if this works and if there is anything else I can do for you.

Daniele