"Ctrl+DJI keeps stopping" after Android 10 system update

Pix4Dcapture is no longer working after updating phone to Android 10. When opening app after connecting to Mavic 2 Pro, get message “Ctrl+DJI keeps stopping” and app doesn’t connect to the Mavic.

Anyone have a fix? We’re grounded.

Thanks, Eric

Details:
Pixel 3 phone, Android 10 (QP1A.190711.019)
Pix4Dcapture 4.5.0
Ctrl+DJI 1.9.6
Mavic 2 Pro Firmware 01.00.0510
DJI Controller Firmware 01.00.0510

1 Like

Hello, The Pix4Dcapture is not supported on the recent version of Android 10.
However, your interested has been shared with the developer team and at the moment we don’t have a clear timeline about when it is going to be supported.

Get your shit updated please! You guys have had ample time, to work out bugs, and other various issues. Google alone released their beta six months prior, to it’s version 10 release. I’ll pay for a new development team, and the software engineering if need be. Please let me know, seriously! Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Scott

Hi Scott,
We have released Pix4Dcapture 4.6.0(android) today and it is supported on Android 10. I would recommend you to updates your app to the recent version.

Boa tarde!
Com está atualização não será mais necessário instalar o Ctrl +Dji? Pois este ainda não é compatível com Android 10.
Atualizei o Pix4dcapture para nova versão e ainda dá a mensagem do Ctrl+dji que dá erro. Continua a mesma coisa…
Obrigado desde já!
Adriano

Hello Adriano,

From the latest Pix4Dcapture version and latest Ctrl+DJI plugin, you should be able to run our app using Android 10.
Note that Ctrl+DJI is still required to be able to run properly the application.

Best,

O plugin Ctrl+DJI ainda não é compatível com o Android 10. Inclusive na play store, na descrição do aplicativo fala que ainda não é compatível. Baixei ele novamente e continua dando erro.
Quando abro o Pix4dcapture ele dá a mensagem que o Ctrl+DJI apresenta falhas…

Bom dia Adriano,

Desculpe pelo mal entendido. No momento, o Pix4Dcapture ainda não é compatível com o Android 10 usando drones DJI e Ctrl + DJI. Será o caso no próximo lançamento.

Hi there
Should ctrl DJI be working with Android 10? I can’t get a connection to Phantom 4 pro with my Pixel XL phone on Android 10. I am on the newest version. When I try with my old Nexus 5X on Android 9 the connection works just fine.

Any workarounds?
thx
cheers

Hello @HansOlo

Ctrl+DJI should work fine with Android 10. If our application does not work properly or if an unexpected behavior occurs, we suggest going all along with our basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered by users.

Regards,

1 Like

I’ve successfully used Pix4DCapture and Ctrl+DJI with Android 10 and a Mavic Pro 2. So, it’s working for me now.

I have the same problem ctrl + dji it doesn’t work for version androip 9.0 it doesn’t connect me and it probres on several phones with the same system but it doesn’t connect

Hello @jorge5143,

Ctrl+DJI should work fine with Android 9.0. If our application does not work properly or if an unexpected behavior occurs, we suggest going all along with our basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered by users.

Regards,

same as my problem… ctrl +dji keeps stopping with android ver 10… is there any update? or how to solve the problem? i have try all your troubleshooting steps… i use pocophone f1… please help

Hello,

The Ctrl+ dji should work fine with Android 10. If our application does not work properly or if an unexpected behavior occurs, we suggest going all along with our basic checks and troubleshooting steps as it will solve most of the issues that can be encountered by users.

In a second time, I would suggest reinstalling the applications from scratch following the procedure below:

Caution

The two procedures below may imply data loss so we recommend to make a backup if there are important data saved. Connect the mobile device and copy the Pix4D folder (Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D) to your computer.

1. Clear data and clear cache memory of the application

2. Open the Settings application on the Android device.

3. Scroll the list and tap Apps, Applications or Manage apps.

4. (optional) On certain devices like Samsung, tap Application Manager.

5. Scroll the list to find the application.

6. From the list, tap Storage.

7. Tap CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE.

8. Re-install Ctrl+Plugin and Pix4Dcapture from scratch

9. Uninstall Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+Plugin.

10. Connect the device to a computer and navigate to Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D.

11. Delete the content of all folders.

12. Delete the Pix4D folder.

13. Re-install the latest version of Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+Plugin.

14. (optional) Place the backup content back into the Pix4D folder to restore data.

Best,