Scene: Helicopter standing on the landing pad.
Goal: produce high quality orthomosaic image.
Problem: resulted orthomosaic is corrupted.
Drone – DJI Phantom Pro 4.
Here are the steps that I perform:
- Fly double grid mission (images are geolocated), perform Step 1
- Fly circular mission (images without geolocation), perform Step 1
- Enter 8 same MTPs in each project
- Merge projects
- Perform Step 1,2
- Edit density point cloud and classify false points as disabled
- Run Step 2. Visual inspection of resulted Densified point cloud show good quality of data
- Run Step 3. Visual inspection of resulted orthomosaic shows poor quality – I cannot see the helicopter tail.
If I displays the density point cloud with minimum point size from the Top and if I choose rayCloud->Perspective/Orthographic – I can visualize the helicopter and landing pad much better that generated orthomosaic looks like.
What you can recommend me in this situation?
P.S. I use High Resolution Settings (16384x16384) for Step 2 and I use 1x GSD resolution for DSM and Orthomosaic.