Clipping Box

For some reason I cannot see my points, cameras, or anything through the clipping box. It is as if it has an opacity setting at 100%. I can see all my points outside of the box. If I zoom in, to where my POV is inside the box, I can see all within but no points outside. I’ve tried changing some of the DPI settings but with no luck. I am currently using version 4.6.1. Also when I’m in edit points, the polygon created for highlighting points is also completely opaque. Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for sharing detailed information about what you saw on your screen, what you were expecting to see, and what you have done to troubleshoot the issue. I understand you have already tried changing some of the DPI settings, but I anticipate that reconfiguring those settings is our best chance of getting you back up and running as soon as possible.

Please read all of the steps below before you return to working with your Pix4Dmapper project, and let us know if what you see on your screen does not correspond with one of the steps.

1. Uninstall Pix4Dmapper 4.6.1.
  2. Install Pix4Dmapper 4.5.6
  3. Launch Windows Explorer.
  4. Go to C:\Program Files\Pix4Dmapper.
  5. Right-click pix4dmapper.exe.
  6. Click Properties.
  7. Click Compatibility.
  8. Click Change high DPI settings.
  9. Under High DPI scaling override, enable Override high DPI scaling behavior.
  10. For High DPI scaling override, choose Application.
  11. Click OK.
  12. Click OK.
  13. Launch Pix4Dmapper 4.5.6.
  14. Create a new Pix4Dmapper project.
  15. Process at least step 1. Initial Processing and 2. Point Cloud and Mesh.
  16. In the tool bar, enable Edit Clipping Box.
  17. In the right side bar menu, click Expand.
  18. In the tool bar, enable Edit Densified Point Cloud.
  19. Digitize a polygon in the rayCloud.
  20. Consider the results.
  21. Let us know whether or not the clipping box and the point cloud editing polygon is still opaque.

Please note that:

• Support is not available for preview versions of Pix4Dmapper, including 4.6.1.
  • You will not be able to use Pix4Dmapper 4.5.6 to open any projects that you have processed or created with Pix4Dmapper 4.6.1.
  • I found very few reports of a similar behavior, so I admit that I’m moving into uncharted territory.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi, I have PIX4D Mapper version 4.6.4, and I am having the same problem as described with the Edit Clipping Box. The box looks like it is at 100% opacity and I’ve followed your 21 steps above but the problem is not being resolved. Please help as soon as possible. I appreciate it.
Processing: Screenshot 2021-08-16 191051.png…

Hi Kyle,

You have contacted us via the ticketing system and we have also responded there.

Please try to select the “Let the 3D application decide” from the NVIDIA Control Panel.

1. From the NVIDIA Control Panel navigation tree pane, under 3D Settings , select Adjust image settings with preview

The options on the page enable you to change the image and rendering settings of your 3D applications that utilize Direct3D and OpenGL technology.
2. Select the option Let the 3D application decide .

Best,

Hi, I follow those steps but the problem continues

Thank you for following the steps. Would you please try it with PIX4Dmapper version 4.7.3?

Kind regards,

Hello, I have the same issue again. Tried versions 4.7.5, 4.8.3 and all solutions from above. I have RTX 3080 and latest Nvidia drivers. I use WQHD resolution. What else can I do?

Hi,

Are you using a 4K external monitor?
Just as a test, could you eventually try to change the resolution and/or the scale of that monitor?
Also, are you using multiple monitors? Please let us know if using PIX4Dmapper on the primary monitor is different than using it on a secondary monitor

Sorry for my late reply. I’m using two 2560x1440 monitors (Dell S2721DGFA @144Hz with gsync and Dell P2720D @60Hz). Change of scale and resolution changes nothing. Pix is behaving similar on both displays.