Check App In Flight Error

I attempted a search but did not find a problem that was similar so forgive me if this is a re-post.

I am using DJI Mavic Pro with Pix4D Capture version 2.4.0 running on iOS 11.0.3 on an iphone 6S.

While attempting a double grid for 3d model as a trial basis for a law enforcement agency the controller has twice told me “check app” and the app says that there is an error and it goes in to landing mode.  I then need to manually fly back to a safe landing point.  Is there a setup step that I am missing ?  It connects to the drone fine and the pre flight checklist shows no issues.  GPS mode with 18+ satellites connected.  Drone flies just fine in the DJI Go App after.

Both flights that this error occurred on were 6 to 8 minute captures if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the assistance

Hi Daniel,

For optimal experience with Pix4Dcapture, we recommend to proceed with basic checks. Especially make sure that the DJI GO is not running in the background at the same time as Pix4Dcapture.

About the “check app” warning. It is most probably related to the DJI. One of the indicator if it is DJI related error is if the pop-up is written in gray colour. Please attach some screenshots if you have them.

Best,

Sorry I do not have screenshots of the error or I would have posted them.  I used the app to fly two scenes yesterday and had no issues.  The original time the DJI app was not running in the background.  The only thing I did different is I took the drone off from the ground with the DJI app, landed it, closed the DJI app then went into Pix4D app and flew both missions with no errors. 

The only other difference that may have contributed is iPhone battery.  I remember after exiting the app when I had the errors that my phone battery was low so is it possible that my phone going into a low power or power saving mode could have contributed to the error ?

Thanks for your quick responses

We are glad that you were able to use the app with no issues in the end.

It is very important to check if you can fly the drone with DJI GO app without any error. This is a good indicator that you will be able to fly the drone using our app. Just make sure that you close the DJI GO app after performing the checks and calibrations. 

As for the battery, we always recommend making sure that all the batteries all fully charged before using the drone (drone, controller, and device battery) but do not have a practical example if this could be a cause of the issue. Please keep an eye on it and report it if you encounter it again. 

Note: there was a new iOS release in the meantime and we recommend you to update to the latest version. 

Best,