Changing output vertical coordinate system on newer versions

Hi,

I’m having trouble changing the output vertical coordinate system on newer versions (it just loads, nothing happen). I need to do this because i have to merge multiple projects and then make a ortho of the whole area.

My workflow i have used for years now:

• 4 seperate long flights with eBee RTK
    -Process them individually for pointclouds (each project has different "geoid height above GRS 1980 Ellipsoid)
    -Make a copy of all 4 folders and go in each project and change vertical coordinate system to EGM96 and save. This processing only takes a minute or so.
    -Make new project and merge all 4 flights and process DSM and ortho. (it’s not possible to merge projects with different coords)

I am still running Pix4dMapper on version 4.5.6 because there my workflow still works.
Any solution to get this to work in newest version?

Hi @Erlend,

In my understanding all of your projects have “Geoid heights above GRS 1980 Ellipsoid”. Have you tried to merge them without changing the vertical coordinate system?
2022-02-01_14h21_06

Also have in mind that just by changing the vertical coordinate system to EGM96 and saving, the vertical coordinate system of the project does not change as you will have to reprocess or reoptimize to achieve that. So what I would suggest is to try to merge them without changing the vertical coordinate system.

Best,

You cant merge projects with different parametres in coordinates, that includes the geoid…
All my project have different heights in the geoid to match each flight with the RTK drone.

Hi @Erlend,

I have managed in the past to merge projects with different heights. Have you tried and you received an error?

According to How to merge projects article:

• The output coordinate system (both horizontal and vertical) of all subprojects has to be the same.
    Note: A subproject with no georeference (arbitrary system) can be merged with a subproject with georeference.

Let me know if you receive an error while merging.

Best,