Building elevation views

Hello,

I would like to use uas photos to create a 3D model of a building so I can take measurement and draw the building in ACAD (Infraworks or Revit, I’m not familiar with those programs but I would like to provide that deliverable). 

Basically my firm is bidding on a project that involves residing a lage building so they need to know quanties of material that will be needed.

I know that dense point clouds are too large to use in CAD but what other Pix4D exported file can I give them?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gregg

Hello Gregg,

You can measure accurately volumes in Pix4D software using the Densified Point Cloud to compute the quantities of material that will be needed. You will find more information here and our step by step video here.

Since you would like to use the file in a third party software, then you export the point cloud in various formats , such as: .xyz, .las, .laz, .ply,  depending which software you are planning to use afterwards.

In case the file is too large to import it, you can also reduce the number of points exported as described here

Best Regards,