Classification of point cloud data and export to CAD

Hi all,

I am new to this software and have several questions about this software:

1. I have a brunch of city data and want to classify them into different categories (building, road, ground, vegetation, water bodies) but I have no background in computer science and just a few experiences in image processing with GIS. Am I able to use Pix4D Mapper?

2. Can Pix4D classify point cloud data and export the result to other CAD software (Rhino, Revit, etc)?

Best,
-HC

Yup,
https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004864586-How-to-generate-the-point-cloud-classification

1 Like

Hi,

I knew it can classify different objects but is it possible to transform the points (i.e. building) to a mesh and then export it to CAD?

Best,
-HC

Yes, after process the dense cloud you can process the mesh.

In case you need to draw over the mesh, maybe you would have to take a look to (Pix4D Survey)<https://www.pix4d.com/product/pix4dsurvey+, it will allow to you to draw over the pointcloud and then export to a CAD software.

Best,
Joan

Hi Joan,

I am trying to transfer the point cloud data of building and road (urban scale) to CAD and use it for design purposes. I have three more questions about this:

1. Can I import the point cloud data without any image to Pix4D Mapper? As the data is from the government (open data) and I am not using the captured images as the raw data.

2. As I saw the feature of Pix4D Mapper. It mainly for transferring images to point cloud data so that is it possible to use satellite image as the raw data to generate the point cloud data?

3. Do I need to provide a training set for the software for classifying data or it have a training set inherent?

Best,
-HC

Hi,

1. No. You could do that in Pix4D Survey
  2. I think could be possible, but it depends on a lot of factors and whats the data you need… Normally satellite images are provided without overlap enought and metadata. Probably you will need a stereo software.
  3. You don’t need to provide a training set.

Best,
Joan

1 Like

Thanks Joan. I will look into Pix4D Survey.

Hi,

I am wondering can Pix4Dsurvey do the classification process just like Pix4Dmapper?

-HC

Hi,

I think no…

1 Like