ARM Support Mac OS 1.64.0 and 1.65.0

I did a small test to see the improvements made in Mac OS 1.64.0:

( * Added native ARM application support that speeds up processing significantly on macOS).

I was surprised to see that there were further improvements made to 1.65.0 in terms of processing speed, even though this was not listed specifically on the release notes for 1.65.0. Wondering if anyone else has done testing with different results.

These totals show a clear reduction in overall processing time:

Version 1.64.0 reduced the total processing time by approximately 9.1% compared to 1.63.0.

Version 1.65.0 further improved total processing time by approximately 7.8% compared to 1.64.0, and by about 15.8% compared to 1.63.0.

You can see full test results here:

1 Like

This is great to hear. I can only imagine how am M2 or M3 would speed things up. Curious how this compares to running on Windows.

1 Like

Hi @scavendish, I would also be interested to see processing times on the M2 and M3 and would be happy to share the same data set if anyone from the community has a M2 or M3 Mac Studio.

I am currently working on similar comparison using the same data set on my AMD Ryzen Threadripper 7970X 32-Core and i9-13980HX. I will post the results within the next week.

All the best,
Craig