Im looking for some advice from you guys who is using MacBook Pro.
Im currently running Pix4D desktop on a laptop with the following specs:
- Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ processor
- Nvidia® GTX® 1060 med 3GB GDDR5
- 128 GB M.2-SSD + 1 TB HDD (7200 rpm)
- 16 GB DDR4 2133MHz
I only use it to process volume measurements in Pix4D. Usually the projects contains of 100-200 images from Phantom 4 PRO. For all other things besides Pix4D I use a iMac 2017. I want to be able to process Pix4D projects when Im traveling and I like to replace the laptop with the new MacBook Pro with the following specs:
- 2,2 GHz 6-core 8th gen Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost 4,1 GHz
- Radeon Pro 555X with 4 GB GDDR5
- 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR
- 256 GB SSD (+ external SDD connected via USB-C)
- Running Pix4D Windows version with Boot camp
I know the Pix4D benefits from the Nvidia GPU that I have on my present laptop so thats one negative side with the MacBook Pro. But overall, the specs on the Macbook is much better and I guess the processing time should be less on the MacBook Pro? Any other cons on running Pix4D on Boot camp?