Processing faster on desktop than on pricey workstation

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you guys could help me understand an issue I’m having with processing speed. I have been seeing very long processing times from my workstations for even small projects. It created a backlog for me so I even went and got some virtual machines online and then still had to use a few standard desktop computers to help catch up. In doing so I noticed my small desktops were completing the projects faster than my large workstations. For a test a ran the same small project area (approx. 3.5 acres) on a workstation and a desktop PC. To my surprise the difference was roughly the PC ran roughly 70 minutes and the workstation took over 6 hours. According to the quality report the PC had a total 3331 seconds and the workstation had 9294 seconds for the same project. Any advice on what might be cause the issue or how to speed the workstations up. The virtual machines were in line with the workstation. Every thing else runs much faster on the workstations but Pix4D.So any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Workstation

CPU - Dual Xeon E5 2620 @2.00GHz
CPU Cooler -unknown
GPU - 2559MB Nvidia Quadro 5000
RAM Amount 32GB DDR3
RAM Speed - @531MHZ
Hard Drive or SSD- Combo -1TB Toshiba Dt01ACA100 (sata) - 120 GB Hitachi HFS120G32TND-N1A2A (ssd)
Motherboard Model -Hewlett-Packard 158A
Operating system -Windows 10 pro

Desktop PC

CPU - Intel Core i7 @3.40GHz
CPU Cooler -unknown
GPU - Intel HD Graphics 530
RAM Amount 12GB Dual Channel 
RAM Speed - @1063 MHz
Hard Drive or SSD- Combo -1TB Seagate ST1000DX001-1NS162 (SATA)
Motherboard Model -ASUSTEK Computer inc M32CD
Operating system -Windows 10 pro

Hi Joe, 

It could be related to the GPU settings of your Quadro card, the instructions on how to adjust these are described in this article.

If you want to read more about hardware, there are many interesting posts on the community, here are two of them: 

Let us know if that could already improve your processing time!