[Android] Pix4Dcapture will not connect to drone even though Ctrl+DJI is connected

Hi. Ctrl+DJI shows correct connection to Inspire 1. However when I enter a mission (old or new) I get a message “Do not switch off drone/Pictures can be viewed from the project manager”. At this point I can edit the mission but cannot connect to drone so I can’t start mission.  Ctrl+DJI continues to show connected state, GPS position, etc.

The problem started while editing a flight plan. I was connected to drone fine, then I had to disconnect phone for a while, and after connecting phone again it will not work.

I have tried deleting Pix4D folder and reinstalling pix4d capture and ctrl+dji but message still shows.

Hi Alonso,

It seems like a communication conflict happens here.
Is the behavior described happening for all type of missions?

I would suggest you to go through this following steps by order:

- Make sure that you have the latest versions of drone firmware, Ctrl+DJI plugin, and Pix4Dcapture version.

• Restart from scratch respectively the drone, the controller, Ctrl+DJI, and Pix4Dcapture.

- Clear data and clear cache memory of the application. Make sure to backup the Pix4D folder first. 

1. Open the Settings app on the Android device.
  2. Scroll the list and tap  Apps, ** Applications  or  Manage apps**.
  3. (optional) On certain devices like Samsung, tap  Application Manager.
  4. Scroll the list to find the app.
    5. From the list, tap Storage.
  5. Tap CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE.

- Reinstall Ctrl+DJI and Pix4Dcapture from scratch:

1. Back up your data if needed by making a backup of Pix4D folder (Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D).
  2. Uninstall Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+DJI.
  3. Navigate to Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D.
  4. Delete all of the folder’s contents (don’t forget to backup it first if necessary).
  5. Delete the Pix4D folder.
  6. Reinstall the latest version of Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+DJI
  7. Launch Pix4Dcapture and log in
  8. Optional: force stop Pix4Dcapture and place the mission folders that you saved in a different location back into the Pix4D folder. Relaunch Pix4Dcapture to verify that the missions are available.

If not solving the issue please consider to:

• Try another mobile device if possible.
  • Format your SD card or try another one.

Best,

Hi, Ctrl+dji cannot connect to my phantom 4 after the latest firmware update 1.9.7, previously using 1.9.6 there were no problems. after changing back to 1.9.6 it can be connected normally, but for pix4d capture it doesn’t connect to my Phantom 4.

Hi,

In a first time, as this behavior was not reported to us so fa. I would suggest going all along the basic checks and troubleshooting steps described on our article online.

I would especially check the following steps to be able to connect to your drone.
Also, you can try unistalling both applications and reinstalling them if the issue is not solved.
Note that to be able to run properly Pix4Dcapture, you need to run Android V7.0 or above on your mobile device.

Best regards,

Anyone have any ideas on how to connect the drone to Pix4D capture as they are not pairing.
I have tried all of Pix4Ds general trouble shooting tips and this has not solved the problem yet.

Hi @daniel.olson3,

As a first step, I would suggest going all along with the basic checks and troubleshooting steps described in our article online.

I would especially check the following steps to be able to connect to your drone.
Also, you can try uninstalling both applications and reinstalling them if the issue is not solved.

Best,

I have done all of these steps multiple times now.

Still no luck.

Thank you.

I have also tried all of these and cannot get a connection, even uninstalled the drone’s own app to stop default clashes. I think your app is the issue, iphone worked first time everytime i tried it.

I am told that the CTRL+DJI app that Pix4D developed needs to be updated for Android 12. It’s been 4 months, but I still have not heard anything back from Pix4D and whether they will fix the app to be compatible. I guess I’m lucky it’s winter since I don’t fly much in winter. But I can not process jobs and that’s how I earn some of my income. Not very happy with Pix4D.

1 Like

Hello @Mark_O_Hara, We are aware of the issue that the android version of CTRL+DJI is not compatible with android 12. At this time, we are working on the issue to resolve it. Once, it is resolved we will release a newer version of PIX4Dcapture to support android 12.

Thank you for acknowledging the issue. I feel that I am probably the last person that still uses Pix4D capture. I will look into other apps for acquiring images. I have read that Drone Deploy experienced the same issue and they have provided an update that addresses Android 12.

Hello All, PIX4Dcapture is now working on Android 12 with the beta version of Ctrl+DJI (1.9.10). To download the beta version of Ctrl+DJI, go to the below community post.

1 Like