[Android ] Drone hovering during mission when connection is lost with the controller

pix4d capture version is 4.4.0
Ctrrl+DJI version is 1.9.2

Hi Iman,

Can you give more details about what happened?

I would have several questions:

• In what configuration are you flying? (drone, camera)
  • Did the drone hover immediately when losing the connection or after a little while?
  • Do you know if this connection loss is due to interferences or to the fact that you were too far from the drone?
  • Did you get back the connection to the drone and if so what happened?

In all the cases, we recommend planning missions with Pix4Dcapture by taking a safety margin so that the connection is never lost with the drone. In case of connection loss, the fail-safe behavior of the drone will be triggered up to what you defined in the drone manufacturer application and Pix4Dcapture cannot override this.

Best,

1 Like

-the phantom 4, flying with Double Grid Mission
-No, The drone stuck at the same position. i manually drive the drone to home base
-the drone suddenly loss connection, i think not so far from home base
-after a while, the connection comeback, but the drone still stuck. and then i decide to manually drive the drone to home base

Hi Imam,

Are you using the Android or iOS version of Pix4Dcapture? In case of unexpected behavior, the best solution is to interrupt the mission as you did.
If the connection came back, you would probably have the opportunity to continue the mission while the drone was still in the air by tapping START on Android or RESUME on iOS.

In case of connection loss, the fail-safe behavior of the drone will be triggered up to what you defined in the drone manufacturer application and Pix4Dcapture cannot override this.

If it happens to you regularly, be sure not to fly in a zone where interferences can occur and lead to this kind of behavior.

Best,