Acquisition information not available?

Why does it say of the information of the orthomosaic that the acquisition information not available when all that information is on my photos?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. The acquisition shows the time of acquisition and the duration of your flight. This information is taken from the Exif.GPSInfo.GPSTimeStamp tag of your dataset.

If the Exif.GPSInfo.GPSTimeStamp tag is not on your images, then the acquisition information will not be available. Could you please check if this tag is on your images? We can also check this for you if you send us one image.

Sincerely,

1 Like

This is an image. I use a MicaSense RedEdge MX.

IMG_0807_1.tif (2.4 MB)

Thank You.

Hello,

So we checked that image and it does not have the tag that we mentioned

The missing tag (Exif.GPSInfo.GPSTimeStamp) specifies the GPS time as an hour, minute, second (UTC), with sub-second precision. This tag is needed for sun angle correction. However, with this camera, Pix4Dfields will be able to use the information from the illumination sensor, so you will be able to do Camera, Sun Irradiance, and Sun Angle using Illumination Model.

Let me know if you have any question,

Kind regards,

1 Like

There is any way I can fix the missing tag or the camera is that way and I can’t do anything?

Hi,

There is nothing you can do now. Also, this does not impact the results because Pi4Dfields does sun angle correction using the illumination sensor.

If you would like to see the GPS lat, long, and date-time when you use MicaSense cameras, you can open the image and check the Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal tag (you can use exiv2 for example). I checked in your image, and this is the information. If you need any help do not hesitate to ask us, it is our pleasure to help.

A simple way to see this is with the properties of the images

Also, in our next Pix4Dfields version, we will display the acquisition information from MicaSense cameras too, so it is not confusing

Let me know if this is clear

Sincerely,