Support Website Contact Support Blog

Zenmuse X7 Support (Matrice 210)

I’m curious if Pix4D is working towards officially supporting the Zenmuse X7 camera.  I’m researching drones for mapping/survey and inspection use, and really like the new Matrice 210 RTK v2, but since DJI discontinued production of the X4S camera, I’m trying to figure out which camera would be best for mapping and survey use.  Currently, the only available camera for the Matrice series that has a mechanical shutter is the X7 with the 24mm lens.  

I’ve considered going with the Phantom 4 RTK, but was really hoping to get a more robust platform that can better handle outdoor elements (IP43 rating) and accommodate other cameras when we want to do inspection work (zoom, thermal, etc.).  

If I use a Matrice 210 RTK v2 with DJI’s groundstation pro for flying the mission and collecting imagery, can I still process the imagery in Pix4D desktop or cloud with good results?

Thanks!

Hi Jeremy, 

The Zenmuse X7 camera is not supported by pix4Dcapture at the moment, and it is currently not in our pipeline to support it. However, your interest has been shared with the developer’s team, and you can have a look at our supported drones and cameras webpage. https://bit.ly/2LwK34l.

If you can capture images using other third-party software such as DJI GS Pro, you will be able to analyze those images using the Pix4D mapper software.