Zenmuse X7 Support (Matrice 210)

I’m curious if Pix4D is working towards officially supporting the Zenmuse X7 camera.  I’m researching drones for mapping/survey and inspection use, and really like the new Matrice 210 RTK v2, but since DJI discontinued production of the X4S camera, I’m trying to figure out which camera would be best for mapping and survey use.  Currently, the only available camera for the Matrice series that has a mechanical shutter is the X7 with the 24mm lens.  

I’ve considered going with the Phantom 4 RTK, but was really hoping to get a more robust platform that can better handle outdoor elements (IP43 rating) and accommodate other cameras when we want to do inspection work (zoom, thermal, etc.).  

If I use a Matrice 210 RTK v2 with DJI’s groundstation pro for flying the mission and collecting imagery, can I still process the imagery in Pix4D desktop or cloud with good results?

Thanks!

Hi Jeremy, 

The Zenmuse X7 camera is not supported by pix4Dcapture at the moment, and it is currently not in our pipeline to support it. However, your interest has been shared with the developer’s team, and you can have a look at our supported drones and cameras webpage. https://bit.ly/2LwK34l.

If you can capture images using other third-party software such as DJI GS Pro, you will be able to analyze those images using the Pix4D mapper software. 

Why is X7 not supported? It’s DJI’s flagship camera which is now ‘survey’ ready with the right lenses- surely this should be very much on the roadmap for Pix4D capture??

Same question again. Is this something that will be happening or is it still not in the pipeline? I have a Zenmuse X7 and Matrice 210RTK and Pix4D. Will this be a happening thing?

Hi Ian,

Adding the Zenmuse X7 is currently not on the roadmap. However, your suggestion will have more weight if you take part in our voting system.

Here is how you can do this:

1. Go to the category Feature Request/Suggestions.
  2. Log in or create an account, if you don’t have a Pix4D account yet.
  3. Look for the feature you are interested in. Someone else might have already asked for it. If such request doesn’t exist, create it as a new topic.
  4. Vote for it.
  5. Done, your vote is counted!
  6. You can manage, follow-up or even remove your vote(s) if you change your mind.

Cheers,
Teodora

The link doesn’t work

Hello,

The DJI Zenmuse X7 is not supported by the Pix4Dcapture at the moment and it is currently not in our pipeline to support it in 2020.If things change, we will be published at our Pix4Dcapture supported drone and camera page Supported drones, cameras and controllers.

Regards,

Any updates on this? We also need the M210 RTKv2 and X7 combo to work in capture - I followed that link in the previous post to upvote the idea but the link is broken. I’ve seen a bunch of similar posts on this and yet you guys don’t even have it in the pipeline???!!

Hello,

The DJI Zenmuse X7 is still not in our pipeline to support it in 2020. If things change, we will be published at our Pix4Dcapture supported drone and camera page Supported drones, cameras, and controllers .

Regards,