Uploading Geotiffs not working

Hi

i am uploading an orthomosaic to a dataset and the file uploads fine, but it cant be displayed. The file is not a standard TIFF, its a GeoTIFF created in global mapper.

Does anyone know if PIX4D cloud can take GeoTiffs?

Thanks in advance

Mat

Hi,

Welcome to Pix4D Community.

The GeoTIFF format is supported by PIX4Dcloud. For this reason, I would like to ask which type of file you are trying to upload. Is it an orthomosaic or another file?

In the case of an orthomosaic, the expected file should have 4 bands. Could you try to generate such a file from Global Mapper and replace it on PIX4Dcloud?

Let me know if this worked.

Best regards

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

When exporting I dont believe it keeps the projection data in the TIFF so it is no longer coordinated? Are you able to explain how exporting it in the 4 band type can maintain the georeferencing?

Kind Regards

Mat

Hi,

Please could you confirm that you are using the option 8-bit Palette Image.

If that is the case, I would suggest you export the orthomosaic by using 24-bit RGB, and then you could apply a compression (LZW for example if possible) in the same options. Please check our article to follow the steps Applications with Global Mapper

The generated file must not exceed 7 GB, which is the limit for PIX4Dcloud uploads.

Please could you try this suggestion and let us know if it works?

Looking forward to your response,

Best regards

Thanks for the reply.

This method does work better but there seems to be a big data shift in the image. I know the image is in the correct location in global mapper but once I upload it the image isnt lined up with the map in the background by atleast 30m (unless the maps used are not in the correct location by that much?, if so then is there a way to turn the google maps in the background off?)

Thanks for your help on this, what an awesome community !!!

Regards

Mat

please see example

Hi Gary,

We are trying to contact you personally to comment on this matter. By any chance, you have not received our emails? Please let us know.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards

Hi Heydi

Can you contact me directly on mat.oakman@***************

Regards

Mat

Hi,

Can you please please contact us (personally) from your email to this link and open a request: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?

Best,

Hi

I already have a request open.

Request #112896

Regards

Mat

Dear Community,

Here is a summary of this issue: when you export an orthomosaic from Global Mapper the header that specifies how PIX4Dcloud should transform the input coordinate system to our base CS doesn’t appear. For this reason, the orthomosaic show missed alignment in PIX4Dcloud. The best way is not to use Global Mapper but upload from PIX4Dmapper directly to PIX4Dcloud to avoid incompatibilities.

We are planning to deploy a permanent fix for this problem in the next coming weeks. If you are interested in being notified when the fix will be deployed, please follow this article: PIX4Dcloud / PIX4Dcloud Advanced technical release notes

Best regards,

Pix4D Technical Support Service