Txt & CSV File

Can the capture app produce a txt file or CSV file of the captured photos? IF so can you let me know how I can locate this as we would like to check the coordinates and heights the app is taking the photos at relative to our required coordinate system 

Hi Jarrod,

Pix4Dcapture does not generate any txt or csv file with the image geolocation. However, tt the end of the mission a .p4d file containing the image coordinates is created. If you open this file using Pix4D desktop you can export the image geolocation in a txt or csv file if you select the To File… option in the Image Properties Editor, Geolocation and Orientation section.

Regards,

Hi Antigoni,

This is only valid in case the images contained geo tags from the start. In case you used Pix4D with a DSLR camera in an indoor environment, there would be no gps tags and this options would not exist. Even when adding GCPs, those values wouldn’t change. Meaning that in normal gps enabled projects, those values are probably the ones that existed right from the start (which are by definition approximate gps positions).

A work around would be to open the project folder and then the file project_name_calibrated_images_position.txt

This can be reinjected into the Image Properties Editor.

Unless you started the project without licence, acquired one after. Then this is not feasible.
I’m looking for a work around for this particular situation.

Thank you ahead,

Milan Reniers