Trying to create a point manually in Pix4dSurvey

Hello,
I’ve just started using our Lidar drone and i’m trying to develop a way to selectively extract data. I’d like to be able to click a point in the point cloud and create a survey point with x,y,z coords. Is this possible is Pix4DSurvey? I have the paid version, just new to the software. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @zclark,

Welcome to the Pix4D Community :slight_smile:.

Could you please provide more context to your question? What do you like to achieve?

If you want to vectorize your point cloud, please follow these instructions:

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

No, this isn’t very helpful as this just creates a 3D Polyline, thank you tough. I want to be able to click on any point in the cloud and be able to extract the X,Y,Z coordinate that’s displayed. Like i’m virtually surveying the point cloud. For example on a ditch I’d like to be able to click the Top of Bank, Grade Break, and Toe of Slope on each side of the ditch to create a profile made of X,Y,Z points. My issue is that I’m using LiDAR data from a drone and the topography has several half foot elevation changes that only slope over a 0.1’ or 0.2’ so the software interpolates over it instead of showing it correctly. I’ve exhausted every option in Pix4DSurvey to try to route around this. Again thank you for your help.

Thank you for the clarification, @zclark.

If you use markers on the points you want to measure the coordinate in your point cloud, you can then export the newly created vector layer and open it with your CAD or GIS software. From there you can easily extract the X, Y, Z values for each marker (point).

If this is still not satisfying, feel free to open a new feature request at this address and don’t forget to vote for your own request:

Ahhh that’s exactly it. Thank you so much for your help

1 Like

Let us know if this works as expected or if you need further support.

Happy mapping!

it did thank you

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that it worked.

Have a great day.
Happy mapping!