Substituting thermal for RGB image files in mesh texturing possible?

Hi,

I have aquired a data set of thermal and RGB imagery using the DJI XT2 camera. Since the orientation of the two sensors are nearly identical and the calibration of the thermal images is somewhat lacking I am wondering if it is possible to substitute the thermal for the RGB imagery without having to do the initial processing step. 

To clarify I want to use the camera orientation calculated from the processing of the RGB images to generate a thermal texture from the thermal camera mounted right next to the RGB sensor.

Is that possible?

Hi Benedikt,

Pix4D does not use the orientation data for processing unless you select accurate geolocation and orientation (we suggest this when using an RTK drone). When you use standard/ alternative calibration the orientation data is not used for calibration and just calculated by pix4D for processing the images: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202556729-Regarding-Omega-Phi-Kappa-Yaw-Pitch-Roll-Camera-Orientation

The best way to process DJI XT2 is process step 1 of RGB and thermal as separate projects. Then merge them and process step 2 and 3.

Thank you for the quick answer!