Stockpile detection

Did you see a few releases ago that we released a tool that will automatically find the boundaries of your stockpile from a single click? Soon after, we brought a tool to set all vertices of a polyline/polygon/volume to the same elevation, so the two together give a nice extra boost to our volume workflow. My question for you all: have you tried it? What else could stockpile detection do for you? Have you found other ways to use the tool?

If you want to see it in action: Pix4D on LinkedIn: #stockpile #PIX4Dsurvey #landsurveying

Nate

2 Likes

Good day Nate and thank you for your introductory posting on the topic of Stockpile Detection. I just started using it and one improvement that I would like is a better user interface so I know when the process has started and what is the % complete on that progress. Just this morning I clicked on a large size stockpile (roughly 350 ft x 250 ft area) and I had no idea what the program was doing. I just heard the computer fans kick-up which typically means something is crunching. I waited an hour and had to stop the progress to perform other work. Any hints or ideas about this? Thank you Nate.

Hi @edmond_matevosian,

Thank you for your feedback.
Out of curiosity, what was the console tab in the status center showing?
Have you tried to expand the status center?

Cheers,
Daniele

Daniele I didn’t however I will do so in my next round and let you know.

Thank you, @edmond_matevosian. Let me know when you have this information.