Still images from Phantom 3 4k video, what are the camera settings?

I know the app has been updated to support the camera settings for Phantom 3 but I know the images are a bit different from the 4k video. What are the settings I should use when I pull the stills from the 4k video. I did a flight the other day and it turned out pretty well pulling a frame out every second but I think it could be better if it had the proper settings for the camera.

Why not use time lapse on the Phantom3? I set mine to shoot every 5sec and fly at a slow enough speed to ensure good overlap.

I would still like to know the actual answer to your question though… :slight_smile:

Dear want to buy a drone with 4K camera for spectral photography, the question is, as the geo attached photo and then join in the template Pix4D in the relevant geographic point? .

Dear Rene, Ryan and Steven,

If you have no use for the video, it would indeed make sense to use a time lapse, if only to save a lot of storage space.

The rate at which you should take a picture (or extract a frame from the video) can be computed and depends on several parameters: the speed of the drone, the amount of picture overlap desired and the GSD. You can find the explicit computation, as well as examples, on the following webpage

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202557479

@Rene: Your question is only tangentially related to the post. Could you please reformulate your question so there is no misunderstanding. It would be better if you could create another post with your specific question.

I’m very interested in finding the proper camera settings for Phantom 3 pro 4k video as well. Have they been computed before?

I’ve been looking everywhere for this.

Hi Jean,

The camera model of the Phantom 3 4K is not included in our database meaning that the optimized parameters will not be directly loaded for processing. However, Pix4Dmapper can process images taken with any cameras, DSLR, large format or lightweight compact camera, perspective or fisheye lens. The only requirement is to have .jpeg or .tiff images. 

If the camera is not included, there are 3 options:

1. EXIF files of the images are loaded for processing in case they contain the corresponding camera parameters (for some specific professional cameras but not for modified cameras).
  2. You can edit the camera model directly in our software in case you know all the camera parameters. This will add them to our database: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560169
  3. In case you do not have EXIF files and do not know the camera parameters, it is possible to calibrate the camera by processing a good dataset. To calibrate perspective camera: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/206065716

We expect that option 1. will be enough since all the needed camera information should be in the EXIF of the images, however, it might required to adjust the parameters after step 1. Initial Processing. We would suggest that you create a project and follow the procedure to calibrate the camera starting from step 4.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Regards,