Start mission speed

Hi I wonder if there is a way to change the speed of the UAV when going to the first point of a mission. I know that you can set the speed for the mission. I like to fly slow (max 3m/sec) in order that I can get good pictures with my phantom 4 pro. My problem is when the phantom goes to the first point of the mission it usually it goes at 10m/sec. I can not find anywhere a way to change this.
I would appreciate any ideas
Thanks before hand
Gerardo

Hi Gerardo,
Thanks for your continued interest in Pix4D solutions. I’m afraid there is currently no setting within Pix4Dcapture that will allow you to alter the drone speed during the flight to the first waypoint. You could fly the craft manually to the start point at the desired speed, then trigger the mission to upload and begin once the UAV is at/near the desired location. You can submit ideas/suggestions for software improvements via the Pix4D community link for Feature Requests and Suggestions.
Regards,
Aaron Woods

I searched the forum but I wasn’t able to find anyone experiencing the same issue. I am a new user to PIX4D capture. I am using a DJI Inspire 2. Even when I turn the speed all the way down, it ascends, goes to it’s mission start point, RTH, and descends at what seems to be full speed. While it is taking pictures it does move slow/ as expected. Also is there a way to have the landing gear automatically retract to allow the collision detection to turn on? At the speed that it is flying, I doubt the collision detection has enough time to detect/ react/ and stop. My drone crashed into a tree on my second mapping mission. It was definitely my fault, I did not set my altitude high enough to account for elevation change and tree height, costly rookie mistake, but the excessive speed was a contributing factor. I have since repaired the drone and conducted several more successful missions but I would like more control over the speeds before I trust it. The other day I had an extremely hard landing, it was descending very quickly and if I had not taken over at the last second it would have slammed into the ground even harder.