Removing Objects from Stock Piles

How does one remove objects (trucks, conveyor belts, tree’s, etc) from a stock pile using Pix4DSurvey?. It is fairly straight forward in Pix4DMapper.

Hi Christopher,
You will want to run the Terrain filter in PIX4Dsurvey. This will remove all man-made objects.

Hello Mike. I have run the terrian filter in Pix4DSurvey. It correctly classified the conveyor belts as non-terrian. However, when I calulate the volume it still using the non-terrian points in the volume. Please see screen prints. This is driving us nuts!! So much easier in Pix4DMapper. Is there a how to video explaining how to do this specifically with stock piles?

Hi @Christopher_Haddad,

Thank you for your reply.
Volumes are always calculated on the visible layers.

Please disable the non-terrain points after the terrain filter and calculate the volume again.

Please let me know if this gives you better results.

Cheers,
Daniele

Hi Daniele,

WOW!!! Thank you so much for this!!! We have been pulling our hair out trying to figure out why it wasn’t working.

Nowhere in your documentation or support videos does it explain this functionality.

I strongly recommend removing this feature, as I’m sure we are not the only ones that have run into this issue with stockpiles.

Thanks again Daniele! You are a life saver!

Outlook-cidimage00.png

Outlook-cidimage01.png

Outlook-cidimage01.png

Outlook-cidimage01.png

Outlook-cid_image0.png

1 Like

Hi @Christopher_Haddad,

Thank you for your feedback.
I’m happy to hear that this helped you.

We have a :bulb: Tip box explaining this here:

However, we can also consider making it more clear in the future.

Cheers,
Daniele