Reloading pointclouds to produce 3D meshes

I created a point cloud model of a dam and exported the point cloud as five XYZ files - i.e. I didn’t have Pix4DMapper merge the tiles into a single file. I’d like to create five 3D meshes, one for each of the XYZ files, without merging them into one big mesh. Is there a way to reload the XYZ files one at a time and generate a mesh for each one? I see the option to “Import point cloud for DSM generation”, but there doesn’t seem to be any way to import a point cloud for mesh generation.

Hi Ian,

It is possible to import an external point cloud in order to generate the 3D Textured Mesh, DSM and orthomosaic. However, the imported point cloud needs to be linked to the images of the project and to be aligned to the one generated by the images. For more information you can take a look at the following article: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560049. 

Importing all 5 XYZ files in the same project and generating 5 separate meshes will be a bit difficult and we cannot guarantee that it will work. Additionally, please keep in mind that the .xyz point cloud is not georeferenced. 

Regards,