Pix4Dcapture: Mission with different landing point than takeoff

Assuming I have a relatively long mission, and I want the drone to take off in one place and automatically go land in a different one INSTEAD of coming back, how can this be achieved with Pix4Dcapture? That assumes, of course, that I know the landing site, that it is an open area without obstacles and flat enough for an easy automatic landing…

Hi Jonathan,

At the moment it is not possible to set an additional point that would represent a different landing point. By default, the drone will return to the takeoff point at the end of the mission. You could try to take over manual control at the end of the mission and land the drone manually on a different location.

It is, however, possible to enable “Ignore homepoint” option which defines whether the maximum authorized distance (2 km) between the home point and the flight plan is applied, No (default), or ignored, Yes, to start the mission.

The home point is the location where the drone is turned on and acquires the GPS signal the first time. This distance is mainly for security reasons, to prevent an accidental launch of a mission when the grid is too far away and it is also limited to prevent connectivity losses.

More information here: (Android, iOS) What is maximum distance to the flight?

As a side note, make sure that you follow local regulations, e.g. keep the drone in line-of-sight if this is required. 

Best,